Best Books for Baby Showers - A Guide to the Perfect GiftHave you picked out the perfect gift for an upcoming baby shower, but you want to add a book to make that gift extra special?
Did the party host ask you to bring a book in lieu of a greeting card?
With either scenario it is true that books make great gifts for babies and they are usually under $10!
But, what book should you choose to help the baby begin to build their own bedroom library?
Here is a list of classic books that would make a perfect gift:
(Note: These books are so popular that you run the risk of someone else purchasing the same one especially if the hostess has asked everyone to bring a book to the baby shower.)
|My daughter with her books!|
2. Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr., John Archambault, and Lois Ehlert
3. The Going to Bed Book by Sandra Boynton
4. Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr. and Eric Carle
5. Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown and Clement Hurd
6. Dear Zoo by Rod Campbell
7. Bear Snores On by Karma Wilson and Jane Chapman
8. Where is Baby's Belly Button by Karen Katz
9. Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed by Eileen Christelow
10. Have You Seen My Duckling? by Nancy Tafuri
The books listed below are not as widely known, but would be great additions to a child's library:
|My son reading his favorite books by Sandra Boynton!|
2. Trucks Go by Steve Light. Beautiful illustrations and lots of truck noises.
3. Twinkle Twinkle Little Star by Iza Trapani. Every child loves hearing words set to this tune.
4. Whistle for Willie by Ezra Jack Keats. This is an adorable story.
5. Duck and Goose: Goose Needs a Hug by Tad Hills. This is one of many Duck and Goose books.
6. My Heart is Like a Zoo by Michael Hall. This book has bright illustrations of animals made out of heart shapes.
7. The I Love You Book by Todd Parr. Another book with bright and colorful illustrations by a great author.
8. Tweet Hearts by Susan Reagan. This book is an easy read and will keep a child's attention.
9. Yummy Yucky by Leslie Patricelli. This is one of many fabulous board books from Leslie Patricelli.
10. HUG by Jez Alborough. Very little text, but a whole lot to love in this book!
11. Oh, David! by David Shannon. The popular David picture book adapted for babies.
12. Moo! by David LaRochelle and Mike Wohnoutka. This book is has only one word in it, Moo! But, how many different ways can you say Moo!
Just one more....and this might be just the gift book you have been looking for....Baby Beards! by Eric VanRaepenbusch. It is a picture book that is also a memory book!
Amazon 5 Star review: "A very interesting theme of babies having 'food beards'! A neat concept! Breakfast, snack, lunch and dinner are covered (along with a bath where the baby gets a 'suds' beard"). Within each meal, healthy options are covered, along with nice interactions with the family dog who always gets some leftovers! The book encourages you to share your own baby's "beards" with a couple of places to place your own photos to make some nice memories, along with pages to record your baby's first foods. Excellent book that reinforces healthy foods in a very fun manner!"
Summary from Amazon:
Baby Beards is a book that explores the fun and excitement of healthy eating for a toddler. The big messes and huge smiles bring plenty of photo opportunities. Young children will love the colorful illustrations, rhymes, and trying to find the dog and camera on each page. Parents will love interacting and talking with their child as they read. As an added bonus, parents can add photographs and record eating milestones, making this book one that children will ask to have read OVER AND OVER AGAIN!
|Colorful full-color page spreads. Each spread features a dog and camera! Great for mom and baby to look for!|
|Healthy eating is a big part of this book too!|
|One of two eating milestone recording pages! It is a memory book too!|
|Add your own messy baby photos!|
|Did this post help you find a book for an upcoming baby shower? |
Please share this post on Pinterest and other social media sites!